Monday, May 7, 2012

Strip Me!

Sometimes I wish I could just say that without any consequences, I think this post will be the closest I get away scot free talking about stripping in Singapore!

Confused? Well, this ain't about clothes, although if you do like your clothes more than makeup and beauty, you should drop by StyleShoppes, an online fashion portal, which I am contributing articles like this onto as well.
Now, back to the matter at hand.

Before I went on an Italian spring vacation about a month and some back, the folks at STRIP:Ministry Of Waxing invited me to try out their brand new product, which is a collab with New York based apothecary and uber cool brand MALIN+GOETZ.


So now, marry the two beauty experts: 
STRIP, which offers the most hygienic brazilian waxing experience in Singapore and beyond (and trust me on this, I've seen many other places that truly fall short of good hygiene), has literally stripped off and pruned over 2 million bushes and counting. They bring to the table experience on hair removal, and can pre-amp what happens to your skin after, since they've seen a hell lot of skin that has been irritated, inflamed and affected by ingrown hairs. 

MALIN + GOETZ, which develops their products in the heart of New York, uses paraben-free natural ingredients, botanical extracts, to create tried and tested skincare which is as irritant-free as possible. 
What I love about MALIN+GOETZ is that the co-founder, Matthew Malin, suffers from skin conditions like rosacea and eczema. I know that sounds horrible of me, but I suffer from eczema too, so I find it a relief that somebody who actually understands and experiences our plight is creating a broad line of skincare that aims to be suitable for sensitive skin. 


And their baby is the STRIP x MALIN+GOETZ Ingrown Hair Cream!



How does this work? Well, after my brazillian wax at Beauty Emporium (see pictures below!) by Strip, I was given the cream and  told to apply it on any area which had been waxed, from the first night right after the waxing session. It contains Chamomile to soothe the skin which is usually sore or red after waxing. There is also Vitamin B5 and E to promote skin repair. 
How then does it prevent ingrown hairs? Enzymes from Papaya and Pineapple help to smooth skin out for days following your waxing session till the new hairs start peeking out again. 
Also, the cream can be applied on any other area prone to ingrown hairs, be it your underarms, legs, or even  the face for men who shave. 

I was pretty sold! The Brazilian wax I got lasted me a good couple of weeks and I was frolicking in the (cold!) water along Italy's Amalfi coast in my teeny bikini! 


too cold to swim but I HAD to put on a bikini and get some sun


The Ingrown Hair Cream is available at all 34 Strip Ministry of Waxing locations from London to Shanghai and beyond. If you're in the US out of Manhattan, fret not, order your Ingrown Hair Cream from the MALIN+GOETZ website                     

If you're in Singapore, be sure to drop by the super cool HOUSE at Dempsey where on the 2nd floor you will find STRIP inside Beauty Emporium. Be sure to call ahead to book an appointment for your waxing sessions! 

STRIP Co-ed Beauty Emporium
8D Dempsey Road, #02-01
+65 64757833
10am to 9pm daily





Cute & quirky interiors at Beauty Emporium where Strip is found




Or get your nails done under the same roof - by Spa Esprit 


No comments:

Post a Comment