Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Deep In Love With The Deep Sea

The fantastic folks at Skin Inc (www.iloveskininc.com) sent me a few products to try when I met them a couple of months ago at a photoshoot with Skin Inc's lovely founder, Singaporean Sabrina Tan.

I have to say I was very impressed with the Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask.

Firstly, there are a few factors I look for when searching for a hydration mask.
1. That it does not clog my pores. I like using oil-free hydration masks that do not feel heavy on my skin.
2. It must be suitable for sensitive skin. Sometimes I come back from the outdoors, and when I get a touch too much sun, my skin is parched and sensitive. I need masks that do not sting on application
3. Results must show. That, my dears, is my demand. Why use products that do not give positive results? I'm sure many of you would agree in me with that. If the hydration levels in the skin are changing, you can actually feel and see the difference.

Guess what, the Pure Deepsea Hydration Mask does check off my list perfectly!








The ingredients in the mask include deepsea water from Okinawa, an island off the southern coast of Japan, which I'm dying to visit by the way. Since the water is from such depths, it is not exposed to pollution and *gasp* radiation unlike that on the surface.
The mask contains minerals such as calcium, manganese, magnesium and nutrition for our skin, alongside added Hyaluronic acid for hydration and soy bean extract for brightening.

Whats more, the lazy (or Kiasu) girls out there would love that you can leave this mask on overnight for a more intensive boost! It is water based, so it does not leave streaky or greasy stains on your pillowcases.

Retailing at S$188 for 100mls, it is a bit of a splurge, but you can ration it out as you need just a thin layer for each application. They also have a smaller size which is $68 for 30mls.

Also worth a mention: Skin Inc's 5-in-1 Nano Gel (S$158 for 60mls) is a fantastic non-greasy moisturiser that has earned its way into my makeup kit and now all my clients get to try that before makeup application! It's a multi-tasker, toning, hydrating, repairing, protecting and priming your skin. Makeup glides beautifully on top of it and does not slide off.





Developed and made in Japan, Skin Inc is available in Singapore at many locations including Ion, Orchard Central, Nex, Changi Airport and Resorts World. It also retails internationally in Hong Kong, Hanoi, and Madrid.


No comments:

Post a Comment