Friday, June 15, 2012

Jo's Tips To Finding Your Best Wedding Hairstyles

I love browsing the web for hairstyles.
Brides.com has a great library of hairstyles, which was my to-go page when I started doing bridal makeup and hair. Here's a screen shot of their page, this one has tips for your trial session.



Read it? It is true - at least the bit about wearing your hair out after a trial. I always tell my clients to keep wearing their hair and makeup after the trial, and then tell me after how it went. We'll know then if anything went wonky, or they prefer certain things differently, or hey! that the false eyelashes are actually really comfortable (I use the Princess Lee eyelashes from Taiwan ;] )


Another thing I advise my clients to do, is to search out pictures online about what styles they like. Sure, I do give recommendations and suggestions, but when I meet my client for the first time, I don't automatically know their real style.
I am not psychic. I can't read minds, and I can't quite imagine the exact wedding dress from verbal descriptions (lace, tulle, ivory, princess, mermaid... ).
The best way to communicate with your makeup artist? Pictures. Hell, it actually is THE best way to communicate with any of your creative suppliers, be it your wedding planner, designer or florist.
Because "natural" may mean different things to different people, and so does "casual". There are 1038462 different "smokey eyes" - ok, i exaggerate, but really, if you can be specific, do be specific. It'll save you alot of time and also help us get straight to the point and give you what you want.

And if you still have no idea what you want?
You can ask me , or you can also check out ELLE's list of The Best Wedding Hairstyles, and then give me a call :)





No comments:

Post a Comment