Friday, October 15, 2010

The great satisfaction lies within a tiny $6 $4.95 pack

I know my previous post was about honeymoons, but no, it's not a box of Durex!


My favourite drugstore buy is the humble but oh-so-genius Biore Pore Pack




Biore Pore Pack isn't new to the market.. wasn't it during the good ol' teenage days that we would obsess over getting great skin by using the newest Japanese product? (And maybe now, still)


Recently I did some facials where they told me I have blackheads (like I need to be reminded!), but didn't do anything to remove them.
So today I pulled out my trusty pore packs (I like the ones in black), and stuck them on while enjoying a clay mask.

I love the short and straightforward Wikipedia has on Blackheads:


"A blackhead is a yellow or blackish bump or plug on the skin. A blackhead is a type of acne vulgaris. Contrary to the common belief that it is caused by poor hygiene, blackheads are caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct. The substance found in these bumps mostly consists of keratin and modified sebum (an oily secretion of the sebaceous gland), which darkens as it oxidizes. Clogged hair follicles, where blackheads often occur, reflect light irregularly to produce a blackhead's "black" hue. For this reason, the blockage might not necessarily look black when extracted from the pore, but may have a more yellow-brown colour as a result of its melanin content."


Here I am now, feeling oh-so-pleased with my clear skin and damn, that was 45c well spent!



Biore Pore Packs are available at Watsons & Guardian Stores. You can also try your friendly heartland NTUCs and Mama stores! They're everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment